I was back at Chelsea Studios in NYC freelancing at The Martha Show for the past few days. A visit to the studio and Martha’s set never fails to inspire me…
1. Hello Lovebug! This little lady hung out nearby on the cellophane roll while I was polishing silver candle holders in preparation for the photo shoot.
3. Robert Diamond’s ring… more about this in another post (hint hint)
4. Lunch! Haahaa I am always inspired by a good meal. I picked up the spicy shrimp and cilantro wrap at Pret a Manger. I LOVE Pret (KF has been gushing about their coffee and sandwiches for years). What I love even more is their fresh and healthy approach to food. Also, I heart NYC! I know you know that- but this time, for posting calorie info in their cafes and chains. It’s better to know!
5. Giant Hydrangeas– Madonna may “loathe hydrangeas” but I must beg to differ. I especially love this larger scale display of hydrangeas arranged in an urn. The stem soil area will be camouflaged with moss.
6. Pumpkins & Gourds– The most beautiful and most interesting varieties of pumpkins fill the set of the Martha show in October. I loved partaking in the prop styling of pumpkins when I working full time on the show. This inspired me to do some gourd decorating of my own- hopefully this weekend!
7. Martha craft paint! I’m very excited about this addition to the Martha craft line since I always buy these little paint jars at craft stores because they are easy an convenient. I would like this entire display, as is, placed in my studio please!
I do have an eighth thing to share, but will wait until the photos from our shoot are published. To all my favorite “Martha peeps”, thank you for being inspirational as always! Xoxo Dani